A TRANSFORMATIVE TIME
By Tim Bogatz
Stewardship & Development Officer
Welcome to our new website! If you are familiar with the Foundation you will quickly notice some exciting changes, most notably our new name and look.
Over the last year and a half, the Omaha Archdiocesan Educational Foundation/Omaha Archdiocesan Parish Foundation (OAEF/OAPF) staff and Board of Trustees dedicated themselves to creating a long-term plan to invigorate the OAEF/OAPF. A comprehensive review of our current brand began in January 2019. We conducted extensive research, interviewing account holders, clergy, parishioners and archdiocesan and Foundation leadership.
What we heard was the personal service, and the experienced and professional management given to Foundation stakeholders was second to none. We also heard, almost unanimously, that the message about the good work of the OAEF/OAPF was not getting out to the broader archdiocesan community and that the name —viewed as long and cumbersome—was an impediment to the awareness and ultimately the long-term success of the Foundation. As a result of this input from our stakeholders, we are proud to announce the following changes:
- Beginning July 1, 2020, the OAEF/OAPF will be renamed the Catholic Futures Foundation of Northeast Nebraska. The new name describes an organization that is guided by its Catholic values, is aspirational, outcome oriented and focused on the future.
- A new logo features interlocking structures symbolizing the relationship of parish, school and community as “uniquely one.” The two overlapping shapes represent the merging of the OAEF and OAPF as unique, but united entities, representing transparency. The color green represents growth and renewal and blue is a color of stability and reliability.
- Updated vision and mission statements more succinctly and accurately reflect the Foundation’s focus.
- The Foundation is now online! We hope you will take the time to explore our entire website to learn more about the Catholic Futures Foundation of Northeast Nebraska.
- I am excited to introduce you to the newest Foundation staff member, Maree Schroder! Maree brings a wealth of experience and knowledge that will serve you very well. You will have the opportunity in the coming weeks to meet and learn more about how she can help you.
Although our name, brand and the people of the Foundation have changed, what has not changed is our ongoing commitment to those we serve. We promise to continue providing professional and expert oversight of our account holder’s investments based on Catholic values, transparent communication, timely gift administration and excellent customer service.
Please take some time to browse our new website to learn more about the Foundation and how we can serve your charitable giving needs in the coming years. I invite you to reach out to me should you have questions and/or would like to explore additional ways the Catholic Futures Foundation of Northeast Nebraska can serve you, whether it’s opening a new account or contributing to an existing fund or to simply to ask a question – we are here to serve!
I would like to say thank you to all who have served the Foundation over the years. Their hard work, enormous generosity and faithful leadership is inspiring and provides us great confidence as we enter into a new era.
With your ongoing support and that of our community, we can work together to increase the Foundation’s resources which will in turn, strengthen the good work of our parishes, schools and ministries, helping to build stronger futures and transform lives.